KCTCS Board of Regents Policies
1.1 Kentucky Community and Technical College System Responsibilities of the Board of Regents and the President of KCTCS
In order to accomplish the purposes and the goals set forth by the Statutes of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the Board of Regents and the President of KCTCS have the exclusive authority and the responsibility to:
- manage the affairs, operations and administration of KCTCS;
- make and apply reasonable policies and rules to create an effective and efficient educational delivery system;
- determine the number of employees and to direct the work force to fulfill the mission of KCTCS in an efficient and effective manner;
- hire, classify, transfer and assign work, promote or recall employees;
- discipline employees subject to the appeal process;
- layoff employees because of lack of work or funds, abolish a position, make material changes in educational offerings or the organization of KCTCS;
- schedule hours of work;
- implement and maintain a plan of compensation administration;
- determine the services, processes, and extent of KCTCS operations, including the use of equipment and materials;
- determine the nature, extent, duration, character and method of operations, including, but not limited to, the right to contract out or sub-contract work;
- establish and enforce fair performance standards; and
- determine the size, number, and location of departments and facilities.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list.