Procedure Number: 5.5.5-P
Current Effective Date: 07/01/2017
Original Effective Date: 09/15/2002
Revision Dates: 09/15/2002, 04/01/2009, 05/30/2017
Revision Number: 3
Responsible Official: Director of Payroll
This procedure outlines permissible deductions from employee payroll checks.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
3. General Deductions
- Employees shall complete the KCTCS Authorization for General Deduction Form (BA92) or a KCTCS Approved Vendor Form to set up deductions that are not included in the employee benefit package.
- Only deductions approved by the Employee Deduction Group (KCTCS System Director of Business Services, KCTCS Director of Payroll Services, and KCTCS Director of Human Resources) are permitted.
4. Charitable Deductions
4.1 Designated organizations:
- KCTCS provides opportunity for employees to make charitable contributions to approved designated organizations.
KCTCS related organizations:
- Employees can make charitable contributions to KCTCS, its colleges, and their officially recognized foundations. Contact the local Office of Institutional Advancement for details.
5. Request for New Deductions
- Requests to establish payroll deductions for a new organization shall be in writing and sent to the attention of the KCTCS Director of Human Resources. The request shall include the name and purpose of the organization, accessibility of organization, and a statement regarding membership specifications. The requested deduction shall be beneficial and available to all KCTCS employees. KCTCS will respond to the request within 30 days.
- KCTCS imposes a flat $75 per month charge for outside organizations approved and set up for payroll deductions. There is an additional $.10 per deduction charge per paycheck.