Procedure Number: 5.5.4-P
Current Effective Date: 07/01/2017
Original Effective Date: 10/15/2005
Revision Dates: 10/15/2005, 04/01/2009, 05/30/2017
Revision Number: 3
Responsible Official: Director of Payroll
This procedure provides direction for reporting employee absences.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
- All absences are to be recorded in KCTCS’s official reporting system - PeopleSoft HRMS per the electronic Time and Absence Form.
- Leave requests are to be submitted in advance for planned leave (when possible) and require the employee’s supervisor’s approval.
- All leave time is to be taken in accordance with KCTCS policy, which is at the discretion of the employee’s supervisor in the best interest of the department.
4. Temporary Disability (Sick)
- Sick leave may be used to cover absences for an employee’s or his/her immediate family
member’s medical condition or medical related appointments.
- Employees should communicate with their supervisor as soon as possible and submit
time in PeopleSoft HRMS as soon as feasible.
- Supervisors may enter sick time on behalf of their employee if the employee is not available to enter time prior to the established submission deadline.
- When a sick leave is equal to or greater than three days, the employee should contact their local human resources department for guidance as the absence may be protected under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Vacation leave may be used to cover sick time absences.
- Sick leave cannot be used in lieu of vacation leave.
- Employees should communicate with their supervisor as soon as possible and submit time in PeopleSoft HRMS as soon as feasible.