Policy Number: 5.5.3-P
Current Effective Date: 07/01/2017
Original Effective Date: 08/15/2005
Revision Dates: 08/15/2005, 04/01/2009, 05/30/2017
Revision Number: 3
Responsible Official: Director of Payroll
This procedure provides direction for setting up direct deposit, viewing pay statements electronically, and applying for a hardship exception.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
- All employees are required to receive payments electronically and must enroll in direct deposit as a condition of employment.
- Payroll funds may be deposited into multiple accounts and financial institutions.
- The financial institution selected for direct deposit must be a member of the Federal Reserve System.
- Reference Payroll Business Procedure 5.5.2-P for information related to fraudulent activity resulting in a breach of an employee’s direct deposit.
4. Pay Statements
Direct Deposit Summary:
- Employees can view the details of their direct deposit pay statement in PeopleSoft HRMS using employee self-service.
- Employees who do not have an internet browser connection may contact their local payroll specialist to obtain a printed copy of their pay statement.
5. Hardship Appeals
- In order to request hardship exception from the direct deposit requirement, form PR202 must be completed, signed, and submitted by the employee to the local payroll office. The local payroll office will forward the request to KCTCS Office of Payroll Services for final review and approval.
- The KCTCS System Director of Business Services is responsible for reviewing and rendering a decision on hardship requests.