Procurement Documents Resulting From a Requisition
Policy Number: 5.4.4-P
Current Effective Date: 08/01/2017
Original Effective Date: 09/15/2009
Revision Dates: 09/15/2009, 01/01/2015, 06/30/2017
Revision Number: 3
Responsible Official: Director of Procurement to Payment
To outline the information process for requisitions.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
3. Monitoring Procurement Information
Requisitioning business units should check all documents from KCTCS System Office of Procurement to Payment Services for accuracy of specifications, quantities, chart string charged, delivery time, and shipping location.
- Errors should be immediately reported to KCTCS System Office of Procurement to Payment Services.
- Change orders, cancellations, changes in product specifications or quantities to established purchase orders are to be processed by KCTCS System Office of Procurement to Payment Services.
- Change order requests are to be submitted in writing by the requisition approver(s) to the appropriate KCTCS System Office of Procurement to Payment Services designee.
4. Monitoring Procurement Activity
Business units should monitor procurement activity using reports and queries available through PeopleSoft Financials.
5. Monitoring Delivery Information
- Shipments on purchase orders are to be delivered in accordance with the terms of the
- Deliveries under purchase orders may be complete or partial depending on the terms of the contract.
- Liability for delivery is specified by the freight terms in the purchase order contract
with the supplier:
- “FOB (Freight on Board) Destination Freight Prepaid and Allowed” – KCTCS does not take ownership of the goods until delivered at the specified destination. Damages or processing claims for damages is the responsibility of the shipper or contractor. Freight charges will be the responsibility of the shipper or contractor, unless otherwise specified on the purchase order.
- "FOB Destination Freight Prepaid and Added to Invoice" – KCTCS does not take ownership of the goods until delivered at the specified destination. Damages or processing claims for damages is the responsibility of the shipper or contractor. Freight charges will be the responsibility of KCTCS. The supplier pays for shipping charges and adds the actual cost to the invoice for goods or services ordered.
- "FOB Shipping Point or Factory" - KCTCS takes ownership of the goods upon shipment and assumes all responsibility for damages, processing of claims and/or freight charges. This term is applicable only when the two freight terms listed above cannot be negotiated with the supplier.
- Visible damage to a shipment should be noted on the freight bill and the notation signed by the truck driver.
- KCTCS System Office of Procurement to Payment Services should be notified immediately when damage is identified so payment is not processed prematurely.