Procedure Number: 5.4.13-P
Current Effective Date: 09/01/2017
Original Effective Date: 09/15/2009
Revision Dates: 09/15/2009, 01/01/2015, 05/30/2017
Revision Number: 3
Revision Summary: Prior Business Procedure 4.16
Responsible Official: Director of Procurement to Payment
To ensure compliance related to printing contracts
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
3. Classes of Printing
- First-class printing is the printing of all bills for the General Assembly together with such matters as are ordered by either or both houses to be printed in bill form and the printing and binding of the journals of the two (2) houses, printing, and binding of the volumes of public documents and of the general and local laws and joint resolutions; the printing and binding of all reports, documents, and other matters bound in book or pamphlet form and all miscellaneous printing and binding necessary for the several documents not otherwise provided for in KRS 57.011 to 57.151.
- Second-class printing is lithographic or offset printing and engraving and embossing.
Duplicating by means of a xeroxgraphic or similar process is not covered by this procedure. See Business Procedure 5.4.2 (Procurement Card) and 5.4.3 (Requisitioning) for additional information.
All contracts for printing services are to be:
- Performed under contract.
- Awarded by competitive bid.
- Signed by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Requests for all printing services shall be submitted to the KCTCS Procurement to Payment Services on a KCTCS requisition.
Printing services not provided by a state agency or not included on an existing KCTCS, Commonwealth of Kentucky, or university printing price contract will be awarded by competitive bid.