Procedure Number: 5.3.7-P
Current Effective Date: 12/01/2018
Original Effective Date: 07/01/2009
Revision Dates: 07/01/2009, 07/01/2013, 11/07/2018
Revision Number: 3
Responsible Official: System Director of Treasury Management
To provide guidance for the PeopleSoft Accounts Receivable and Billing Module.
This procedure applies to all colleges and the System Office.
- AllKCTCS units are required to use thePeopleSoft Accounts Receivable and Billing module
to process all non-credit external billings including state government.
- A staff member will process invoices in the Billing module and a different staff member will enter payments in the Accounts Receivable module.
- A BA5 form is used to approve access for invoicing and recording payments.
- The BA5 form must be signed by the Chief Business Officer at the college level or by the employee’s supervisor at the System Office.
- Any organizational unit within a Business Unit is authorized to send aKCTCS invoice
processed through the Billing module.
- The invoice should be sent within 5 working days of the provided service.
- A copy of the invoice should be sent to the business office who receives payment for the invoices.
- The process of collecting tuition, fees, vending receipts, miscellaneous receipts and all other monies must provide safeguards so that all funds are collected and properly recorded.
- Each college must deposit all receipts directly into the local college depository.
- Cash receipt forms are completed to indicate amount received, date received and from whom.
- Cash receipts are entered in PeopleSoft Financials to be easily reconcilable with the monthly bank statements.
- Use the cash handling business procedure 3.9 to properly collect, deposit and record receipts.
- Frequently used income sources are listed below.
- Tuition and Fees for Credit – Includes tuition and fees for fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- Tuition and Fees Non-Credit – Includes tuition and fees for continuing education classes, customized business and industry training, conferences, and seminars.
- Mandatory Fees – Includes fees for BuildSmart projects.
- Non-Mandatory Fees – Includes online course charge, security fees, course fees, student liability insurance, transcripts, returned check fees, late payment fees, ID replacement, and application fees.
- Food Services – Includes dining, grills, vending, concessions, and cafeteria sales.
- Sales and Services – Includes commissions, rental income, fines, and other miscellaneous sales.
- Refer to the KCTCS Chart of Accounts for detailed descriptions.