Request a New or Change in Business Procedure
Policy Number: 5.1.4-P
Current Effective Date: 12/01/2018
Original Effective Date: 04/01/2009
Revision Dates: 04/01/2009, 09/25/2018
Revision Number: 2
Responsible Official: Director of Procurement to Payment
To address the process of requesting a new business procedure or revising a current business procedure.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
A business procedure serves as the methodology for a particular business process.
A business procedure is a plan for the way management wishes to conduct that process under normal business conditions.
A business procedure provides the basic internal controls for business operations.
- Colleges and System Office units may issue an addendum for their specific requirements
to the procedure to provide additional controls desired by their specific unit.
- Units may not set controls less than are prescribed by the KCTCS business procedure specific to that business process.
4. Request for a New or Revision to a Business Procedure
To request a new procedure or suggest a revision to a current procedure, the requester must complete the following steps.
- Provide a draft in electronic format of the new or revised procedure desired.
- Provide justification for the request to establish the new procedure or justification regarding suggested revision to a current procedure.
- Send the draft to the attention of theKCTCS System Director of Business Services.
- The request cannot be business unit specific. Rather, the request should be applicable to all business units across KCTCS.
5. Procedure Review Schedule
The KCTCS System Director of Business Services will establish a schedule that will ensure that each procedure is reviewed for updates on a regular basis, e.g., every two years.
6. Procedure Review Process
The KCTCS System Director of Business Services will establish a review work group to review the business procedures for changes or any new procedure needed.
- The work group will consist of the primary procedure writers, college representatives and a representative from KCTCS Audit Services as deemed appropriate.
- The steps of the review process will be:
- The procedure writer revises the procedure.
- The review work group comments on the procedure.
- The procedure writer revises based on the reviewer comments.
- The KCTCS System Director of Business Services releases the procedure.
- The KCTCS System Director of Business Services will ensure the finalized new or revised business procedure is uploaded to the manual located in KCTCS intranet.