Request a New or Change in Finance-Related Administrative Procedure
Procedure Number: 5.1.4-P
Current Effective Date: 07/23/2021
Original Effective Date: 04/01/2009
Revision Dates: 09/25/2018, 07/23/2021
Revision Number: 2
Revision Summary: updates to new titles
Responsible Official: Vice President, Administrative Services
To address the process of requesting a new finance-related administrative procedure or revising a current such procedure.
This procedure applies to all KCTCS employees.
A finance-related administrative procedure serves as the methodology for a particular business process.
A finance-related administrative procedure is a plan for the way management wishes to conduct that process under normal business conditions.
A finance-related administrative procedure provides the basic internal controls for business operations.
- Colleges and System Office units may issue an addendum for their specific requirements
to the procedure to provide additional controls desired by their specific unit.
- Units may not set controls less than are prescribed by the KCTCS finance-related administrative procedure specific to that business process.
4. Request for a New or Revision to a Finance-related Administrative Procedure
To request a new procedure or suggest a revision to a current procedure, the requester must complete the following steps.
- Provide a draft in electronic format of the new or revised procedure desired.
- Provide justification for the request to establish the new procedure or justification regarding suggested revision to a current procedure.
- Send the draft to the attention of the KCTCS System Director of Assistant Vice President
of Business Services/COO.
- The request cannot be business-unit specific. Rather, the request should be applicable to all business units across KCTCS.
5. Procedure Review Schedule
The KCTCS Assistant Vice President of Business Services/COO will establish a schedule that will ensure that each procedure is reviewed for updates on a regular basis, e.g., every two years.
6. Procedure Review Process
The KCTCS Assistant Vice President of Business Services/COO will establish a review work group to review the finance-related administrative procedures for changes or any new procedure needed.
- The work group will consist of the primary procedure writers, college representatives and a representative from KCTCS Audit Services as deemed appropriate.
- The steps of the review process will be:
- The procedure writer revises the procedure.
- The review work group comments on the procedure.
- The procedure writer revises based on the reviewer comments.
- The KCTCS Assistant Vice President of Business Services/COO releases the procedure.
- The Assistant Vice President of Business Services/COO will ensure the finalized new or revised business procedure is uploaded to the KCTCS policies website.