KCTCS Student Body Co-Presidents
Policy Number: 6.8
Current Effective Date: 04/06/2015
Original Effective Date: 06/27/2006
Revision Dates: 04/25/2007, 01/13/2009, 03/17/2010, 04/06/2015
Revision Number: 4
Responsible Official: Vice President, Student Services
The following process is established for the election of KCTCS Student Body Co-Presidents:
- Students at each of the 16 KCTCS colleges shall annually elect a college student body
president* by secret ballot, beginning spring 2006 and continuing each spring thereafter.
The student shall serve as the college student body president for a one-year term,
beginning August 1.
- Each KCTCS college president/chief executive officer shall transmit the name, address,
telephone number, and email address of the student elected as the college student
body president to the KCTCS Vice President responsible for Student Affairs.
- College student body presidents will meet in August.
- At the August meeting of the college student body presidents, the college student
body presidents will nominate and elect by secret ballot one KCTCS Student Body Co-President
to represent General Education and one KCTCS Student Body Co-President to represent
- The KCTCS Student Body Co-Presidents shall receive a KCTCS Board of Regents scholarship.
- If a KCTCS Student Body Co-President/KCTCS Student Regent does not retain his/her
status as a full-time student in good standing at any time during the academic year
or for any other reason resigns this position, the student candidate who received
the next highest number of votes cast in the August election shall serve the remainder
of the unexpired term as the alternate KCTCS Student Body Co-President/KCTCS Student
The Assistant Secretary to the KCTCS Board of Regents shall notify the alternate as soon as practicable that the KCTCS Student Body Co-President/KCTCS Student Regent can no longer serve.
* The college student body president may be the Student Government Association (SGA) president.